Saturday, October 25, 2008

Help needed - The mystery game

I played a vertical shooter in Sweden in what might have been 1986, and then later in Italy in 1989. The game must be from 1980-84, and takes place in space. The graphics are very blocky, with maybe 8 colors.

The background is black, but now and then you get a "hyperspace mode" and it flickers in red.

I think you control a white ship, and the enemies were yellow, pink etc. When you hit an enemy I think its sprite was replaced with a score (e.g. 800 points). I believe that yellow gave the most points (1000?).
The enemies come one and one scattered around the screen, not in clusters like Galaga.

I haven't seen the game since 1989, so it's not easy to remember everything, but I have made a mockup.

The best tip so far is Enigma, but I can't find any screenshots of it anywhere, and it seems it's not emulated. Any tips?  

The reason for my obsession with this game is that it's the first one I got a hiscore on, and I remember the gameplay as fast and exciting. 

Mockup screenshot

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.