Thursday, October 23, 2008

Robotron boards and wiring

Wednesday is gameroom day, and four of us showed up. I checked the almost finished Turtles overlay, but I focused mainly on the Robotron. I attached the boards to the new mounting plates from Larry, and everything fits perfectly in my cab!


I had more trouble getting the wiring right. All I had to help me was a black and white print of the manual, downloaded from Robotron-2084.co.uk. The big pcb was easy enough, but finding the right connectors for the smaller pcb proved quite a job. I decided to let it rest, and Google for some hires colour pictures later.
That brought me to this great resource. I have colour printed all their pictures, so I think I'm more ready for the wiring at this point.

As you may remember from an earlier post, I bought the wiring harness off eBay some time ago. The power supplies were removed to save shipping costs, but the seller was very helpful and took some pictures of the wiring before cutting.


I'm quite confident that I can connect it all back together again, but I'm a bit confused as to what part the old (original) power supply will play in all of this. My cab has been fitted with a newer style switching psu, so I will try to use that one first.



Progress is slow, but that's just me sticking to the blog theme. Or so I tell myself.

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.