Friday, October 28, 2011

Fixing TAF

Part of the deal when I purchased Medieval Madness was to fix his two remaining pinballs mechanically: The Addams Family and Star Trek The Next Generation. I have been unable to make good on that promise for a long time because of my back problems. Until now.

I concentrated on Addams Family first, as I am most familiar with it, and it looked like it had the least problems. Boy, was I wrong! The problems weren't many, but they ranged from the very simple to more time consuming troubleshooting.
  1. Shooter lane switch: Replaced broken switch.
  2. Outhole switch: Found that the diode was on backwards, after a lot of searching.
  3. Outhole coil: Replaced two transistors on the power driver board.
  4. Left magnet stuck on: Replaced transistor on the under playfield board.
  5. Upper left flipper: Rebuilt flipper.
It plays perfectly now, and I was happy to return the game to its owner. Next up is ST:TNG, which has some cannon problems, among other things.

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.