Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hong Kong and Tokyo November 2011 - Part 2

We're continuing our small tour of Hong Kong and Tokyo. I'm still in Hong Kong, specifically in Tsuen Wan, in the Golden Cedar arcade in the Tsuen Wan City Landmark.
At least that is what my wife tells me! I honestly don't remember, as this is seven or eight months ago. As I mentioned in part 1, please excuse me if my memory doesn't serve me right. I am fairly certain that this is accurate, and please send me a comment if it's not.

We start off with the Google street view:


View Larger Map

The game arcade in City Landmark is large, bright clean and nice, and I ended up spending many hours with the games. As I mentioned in part 1, gaming in Hong Kong is generally very cheap, only 1 HKD per credit.

A rare view! Multi with 2000 games in a Sega Blast City cab

The feel of this game arcade is unusually light and clean

Taiko Drum Master. It doesn't get as much play as it did five years ago

Konami Gashaaaan. I wish I had given this a go. Throw balls at the screen!

Wangan Midnight Maximumtune 3DX Plus

Initial D

SEGA BlackJack Nailed Ace

I just love these toppers!

Another large and flashy coin pusher


Tekken 6. I don't like the cabinet much, but the game is great

The usual rows of SEGA Blast City candy cabs

Deadstorm Pirates! An exciting shooter with moving cabinet.

This was actually eight(!) times more expensive to play than the other games. 8 HKD


They also had a nice mix of music games. Here's Guitar Freaks XG2

..and more

..and more

..and more!

Mario Kart 2. Great fun, and at 1 HKD per credit it's fantastic value for money

That's it for now from Hong Kong. In the next post I fly to Tokyo, Japan!

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.