Monday, August 20, 2012

T Nuts!

Many of my arcade cabinets have problem with worn edges, especially the bottom side that touches the floor. Why? It seems like the previous owners (operators) have removed the legs from underneath the cabinet, or maybe it never had leg levelers at all!

To prevent further damage, and also to prepare the games for going into my soon-to-be-ready game room, I decided to rectify the situation. The leg levelers themselves are easy to get from our domestic pinball supply shop, but they don't carry any hardware to attach said legs to arcade cabinets. I decided to check eBay, although I had my doubts. I had looked at mounting plates for legs before, and they were expensive. Not to mention the postage! Since then, I had noticed that many people simply use t nuts to fasten the legs, so I decided to look for that instead.
Much to my surprise, I found a seller who sold t nuts at a very reasonable price. 3 USD for 20 pieces. Best of all, they let you save on shipping when ordering more than one set, so I clicked the + button until I had 100 t nuts in my shopping cart.

Today the parcel arrived. I almost can't understand how they did it. It must have moved from the USA to Norway at lightning speed!


Look at these beauties! I wasn't quite sure about the size and thread when ordering, so I was relieved when I tested one of them with a spare leg leveler from a pinball machine.


The seller's id is americanintegratedsupply, and I can recommend them to everyone. Not only did they ship lightning fast, it was cheap as well.

Now I just need to get 25 cabinets to attach these t nuts onto!

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.