Monday, September 3, 2012

Car stereo for pinball enthusiasts

Some years ago I purchased a new car stereo, LG LAC7750R. By accident I discovered that it had very nice animations in the display. I'm sure you've all seen car stereo animations before. A very common one is dolphins. But this one had.. PINBALL!

Here is a picture of the full car stereo:


I have zoomed in on the display, so that we can see the pinball graphics better.


These pictures are nice enough, but imagine this pinball scene animating while you're listening to your favorite song! I'm surprised I didn't read more about it in coinop forums. Sadly I couldn't find any videos showing the display in action.
What happened to my car stereo, then? I had to return it to the shop. It just didn't fit into my car without an ugly bezel, with a totally wrong color compared to rest of the dash.
It didn't cost more than 200 USD when I purchased it back in 2008, so it must be even cheaper second hand. What are you waiting for? You can have the complete pinball experience in your car, right now! The Who's Tommy in the cd player and this display! It doesn't get better than this. :-)

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.