Thursday, October 11, 2012

Outland Oslo

I thought I had already written about this, but apparently not. We were visiting Oslo in the end of July. A friend of mine who is very much into Lego took us to a shop called Outland. In addition to a ton of rare Lego sets, they focus on role playing, comics, fantasy and board games. And.. arcade cabinets?!

I was very surprised to see an original Donkey Kong upright. One of two in Norway, as far as I know. From the pricing labels I could see that it was an US import. My guess is that the store imported it recently, to use it as a display piece.


I don't know if they got it cheap or if they got.. I'll say tricked, but for some reason it had a tired DK3 cpo and bezel. And it had a 4-in-1 multigame board inside.
But still! A Donkey Kong cabinet in Norway! I believe this is the first DK upright I've seen in person, and certainly the first one I've played. It made me really dream about getting one for myself. I'm looking into sea freight, and I can see that it will get expensive. But in the future.. Maybe.

They also had a couple of other things. Pac-Man's arcade party was brand new, and is a collection of games:
  • Pac-Man
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Galaga
  • Dig Dug
  • Galaxian
  • Pac-Mania
  • Galaga '88
  • Mappy
  • Xevious
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Dragon Spirit
  • Rally-X
  • Bosconian
A very nice selection of games, in what I think is a beautiful cabinet. It surprised me that it had an LCD monitor, but I guess the rest of the world has moved on from CRT.


The three last ones: A somewhat tired Lost World, a nice Gauntlet Legends and a non-working Fatal Judgement.


My friend with the Lego had to run, but I stayed there for some time, feeding coins into the cabinets. It was a nice surprise to find this, and I'll surely visit Outland again the next time I'm in the area.


Sorry about the picture quality. I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to use the cell phone.

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.