Sunday, November 16, 2008

One JAMMA cab less

I gave one of my unused JAMMA cabs to a friend, as a part of a diabolical plan to recruit a new member to our game room. And it worked!
He's turning it into a MAME cabinet, and I decided to rip out the monitor and power supply before donating it. Sadly the monitor has some burn-ins, so I guess I will have limited use of it.



The cab originally had just one joystick and some awkward buttons, not really suitable for the kind of games he intends to play.
I remembered a control panel I had laying around, and it turned out it was a really good match.



...at least visually. The old control panel is wood, and this newer one is metal. They're obviously from the same manufacturer, but the fastening clamps need to be adjusted. This newer control panel also seemed more loose.
Well, I guess that just means a bit more work on his part, and hopefully that will keep him going for the next couple of months. It also has room for a spinner or trackball.

My intention was to save the monitor for an Out Run coming my way, but I guess I'm not going to use it after seeing the burn-ins. I may have to resort to an old CRT TV, like Bruno does. Those are practically free nowadays anyway.

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.