Sunday, November 16, 2008

VHD video discs mystery

I acquired two VHD video discs from an operator, along with a bunch of game boards. I had never heard about the VHD format before, and frankly I find them quite intriguing.


The labels are quite cryptic, and don't tell much about the contents. 




I can't find any information on KLOV about games which used VHD discs, although there are a bunch of laserdisc games. I still feel that these must be arcade related in some way. As I said, they came from an operator, and they were in between game boards, MVS carts and manuals. There were absolutely no movies, music or non-arcade material in their vicinity. 

I am seriously considering to look for a VHD player, if for nothing else then to tame my curiosity.
And who knows.. Maybe this is some unknown little arcade treasure?

Any hints or ideas about the contents will be highly appreciated, to say the least.

Edit: I found a page describing a special MSX2 machine which utilized VHD discs. At least that proves that VHD discs were indeed used for games.

No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.