Saturday, November 2, 2013

Selling some games

I'm downsizing my collection a bit. Partly because I realize that I've been a hoarder and I will never have the time to restore it all, but also because the games take up a lot of space.
So far this year I have gotten rid of:

  • Judge Dredd:
    Sold (cheap) to a friend, who fixed the front with new wood and a decal. It's up and running now, and it looks great.
  • Robotron 2084 (US version):
    After I got the UK version I realized that I don't need two Robotrons. And this one needed a lot of work. I sold it to a friend who is currently restoring it. I'm looking forward to playing it, hopefully at his annual retro party in January.
  • Star Wars Trilogy:
    Although I'm a Star Wars fan, the music in this one felt a bit too repetitive. And I need to downscale my pinball collection. I still feel a bit sad to let this go, but I sold it on the open market.
  • Super Offroad:
    A game that I would love to keep, but I just have too many. I sold it to a friend who is already restoring it. He always does a great job, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the result.
  • Turbo:
    I gave this to the same friend who got the Super Offroad. This one was actually converted to Pole Position, but I purchased all of the needed parts from The Arcade Boneyard. I hope it can be brought back to life.
  • Foosball:
    I gave this away, after realizing it just took up way too much space. I'll just buy another one when I get a bigger house. They don't cost much.


No comments:

 
All content is copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission.